Saturday, August 11, 2007

Titanium Eyesight

Coming soon, to a Morgan's face near you, titanium eyesight!

I just got back from the eye doctor where I had my perscription checked for the first time in... oh perhaps five years. As it turns out, my eyes are getting better. I'm now at a L 1.00 and R 1.25 which is amazing considering my last perscription was 1.25 & 1.25 and was 1.5 & 1.5 before that!

Even cooler, my new glasses (ready in about a week) have frames made from titanium!

Titanium is my all time favourite metal. It's the most beautiful metal I know. Not as shiny as gold but is as resistant to corrosion. And it's so much stronger than the best steals. Titanium gives under pressure, but always bounces back to its original shape. And it's super light! The whole pair of glasses weighs 5 grams (less than 1/5th of an ounce) including the lenses.

The ironic part, however, is that I've gotten used to not wearing my glasses. So once I've got my new titanium beauties, I'll probably rarely wear them.

4 comments:

J. D. said...

Morgan...Hard to believe you are spending money on things other than diving equipment. I remember you telling us the wonders of titanium when you bought your bike...Mom

I Dive At Night said...

Yep, I added the titanium handlebars back in the days we called it "unobtainium" due to the cost.

Minka said...

I have to get glasses now and titanium is my choice as well. I bet they suit you just fine and it is important for your eyes...so wear them. We are not in 5th grade anymore, nobody is gonna pick on you!
:)

I Dive At Night said...

Minka, my eye doctor recommends only wearing them when needed. I told him I usually put my glasses on in the morning and take them off for bed. Apparently this weakens your eyes over time. That said, I started wearing mine less and my perscription is improving. Very cool!

But isn't titanium beautiful?!?