Friday, March 27, 2009

I think I'll name her Betty

It's here, it's here! My new granny bike (omafiets) arrived yesterday!


She arrived with a new (used) rear wheel rim and a bunch of fresh spokes in both wheels. The rust (an anti-theft approach) remains but the bike is quite smooth to ride. Bertus was even kind enough to help me adjust the seat position.

Last week I went out and bought a new chain lock and front and back lights. Yesterday afternoon I picked up a new rear-wheel lock and a bell. (This is Amsterdam where "anything goes", but the police have a zero tolerance policy regarding bikes without lights or bells.) As the sun was setting I finished adding all the accoutrements. It only took a few screws and four zip-ties, but it makes Betty feel like my bike.

And now? It's time to ride.

2 comments:

Charline said...

She's so purrrdy Mo!!! Enjoy!

Nancy said...

I hope you and Betty get a lot of exercise LOL