Wednesday, August 05, 2009

You asked my politics?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

What you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.

Jesus was a Buddhist. Or at least, He and Buddha would have agreed on a lot. And part of that boils down to "we are all one". Think of it as being part of something bigger.

Western culture encourages our individualism and competition. But if we followed truly Christian values, could any of us see "us" and "them"?

Why do I mention it? I believe in a future, a potential future, in which technology is used to sustainably provide basic human rights to all mankind. A future where it's possible to feed, house and cloth everyone. But it only seems possible if we see the world as "all of us", as one.

Apparently there already exists enough resources to give everyone their share. A chance to grow up, learn, love and live their lives. But money is the main obsticle. It isn't profitable to give to the poor. Nor shall it be. But where is the Christianity?

I think people are working on such a future. I think people throughout societies all over the world are begining to feel the change. The recognition of oneness.

No comments: