Sunday, July 01, 2007

I never bought a TV before

Before yesterday, I didn't own a TV. Instead I had a roommate with a TV and a TV tuner card in my computer. However last month, said roommate broke my monitor. So yesterday I went out and replaced it... with a 32 inch LCD flat screen. A little crazy big for a monitor, but it allows me to read the fine print in my WinAmp playlist from across the room! And of course it's a TV. Aside from a combination boom-box, cassette player, TV I bought when I was 14, this is my first.
In the mean time, I'm happy to announce that Sneaky has arrived and has fully recovered from an ailment he had in transit. He sits now on the right speaker, enjoying a wide view of the room.

He keeps asking me if we're moving to the Caribbean soon. I keep telling him to enjoy being here and in one piece and that it won't be very long before it's time to get packed up again.

3 comments:

J. D. said...

Morgan, that is some Canada Day present you bought yourself. It looks terrific. Quilly will be glad to know that Sneaky is safe and didn't take too long to get there either....Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Morgan, Sneaky will chatter your ear off. And if you're missing any chocolate chip cookies (or chocolate sweets of any kind), you might have cause to ask Sneaky how he got his name ...

Minka said...

that is one mighty Tv screen and all I keep thinking is, how sprkly and nicely polished that floor is. I am considering counseling. Welcome to Amsterdam, Sneaky!