Thursday, September 20, 2007

Congratulations Rogier!


Rogier is my roommate. And over the past couple of years he's been a pretty good one. No where near as clean as I am, he's not messy. Often out late, he tries to be quiet when he comes in. We've gotten along over the years mostly by keeping opposite schedules and time-sharing the living room as much as coexisting in it.

So it's with real happiness and excitement that I congratulate Ro on his new acquisition. He's bought a house! Come December he's moving! Out of here! Yeah! Oh, and into a new home with his girlfriend and co-house-owner.

Over the years I've grown used to sometimes having to wash his dishes to make space so that I could cook dinner. Darn, in the future all the dishes I wash will have to be my own.

Hehe! *dance*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what Rogier is saying about you? And by-the-way, he also will no longer be paying half the bills ... from time to time you may feel a tug of nostalgia for his wallet.

I Dive At Night said...

Call it "the price of freedom". It isn't free you know?

Plus I can always get a new roommate, if I meet the right woman, and fall in love. I hope to share more than the bills. :-)

J. D. said...

Hurray!!! Give my best wishes to Rogier and Helen. I'm really excited for you. I'll be over as soon as I can put two weeks of feeling well together. You'll need some new furniture. We'll shop. Hurrah!

Imagine, your very own dust bunnies:-)...........Mom

Minka said...

Congratulations to the both of you. I am actually equally happy for both parties. It's nice to buy your first home and share it with the girl of your choice and it is wonderful to get an apartment all for yourself...for a while at least. I know you love your place, the area and hey there's a gym right underneath you...it'll be grand. Now that you announced this so openly beware...blogger's everywhere might ask if you'll turn the spare room into a guest room!

I Dive At Night said...

Mom, that was one of my first thoughts... you'll be here for 2 weeks? Don't book the flight until all the details with the bank, mortgage, and contract is settled.

Minka, I'm not afraid.

Oh, and there's a gym *in* my bedroom. But with my new bed and a bit of furniture there's no room to use it thus I go to the expensive gym downstairs. Once Ro moves out I'll save 70 euros a month by using my own equipment. :)

Minka said...

umm...knock knock!

I Dive At Night said...

*wipes eyes* In a low rough voice says," Hello?"

Oh, yes, posting. I should do that!

Minka said...

in your own time, of course!

*taps fingers*