Saturday, September 15, 2007

Plans, why make 'em?

The one univeral truth about my weekends in Amsterdam is that there's no sense making plans. I always have nice weekends but they're never what I was intending. For a few weekends this summer this meant that I didn't dive when I planned to. This weekend, I am diving when I didn't plan to. Dancing isn't going to happen. So plan B is to follow Adam and Tobias who both insisted that with or without me, they were going.

After many missed Saturday nights the goals for this weekend included: getting drunk, going dancing, staying up all night, and not diving. Last night was short. Sleep was long. The day has been slow. But I don't have the energy for dancing.

Tobias and I picked up his gear from the dive shop today. And we got three tanks, in case I wanted to come along. Well now my gear is packed, my evening is restful, and the tank awaits. So to heck with plans, tomorrow I'm (surprise) going diving!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a reason we call 'em 'plans' and not 'commitments'.

I Dive At Night said...

Good point! I don't skip my commitments. I just can't keep a plan.

I Dive At Night said...

Update: So we went diving... for 9 minutes. To be precise, we went into the green pea soup for 6 minutes, travelled 30 m, ascended and agreed to turn back. We descended for 3 more minutes until I realized the compass wasn't working, then we just ascended again and swam in. A bizarre dive!

Minka said...

All my weekends are either spent in quiet desperation about up-coming exams, or ridiculous laughter about simplicities in teh countryside. I think that gives it a well rounded silliness :)

I Dive At Night said...

Yes I believe bouncing between extremes provides "balance" in life. :)

Okay, well rounded silliness is a better way of putting it.

J. D. said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! You had it on the weekend...I did NOT have it trying to put two comments on your last two posts. Boo-o-o-o-o!Hugs..... Mom

I Dive At Night said...

That's not your original comment, is it?

Jamie Dawn said...

So, you are a diver. My ears are popping at just the thought of it.
Diving at night would be terrifying! I guess you bring a light along.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a great day!!

J. D. said...

Morgan.......My original comment was much longer. No swearing was involved, just frustration with my machine........Mom

I Dive At Night said...

Jamie Dawn, I hope it was a great birthday! So all this time you thought my alias was... rude?

And yes, two lights actually.

Mom, I see two good examples of getting comments to work. If only Blogger didn't make you try 10 times.