Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Really Good Rain

Outside it's raining. And not the standard drizzle we get all too often. Today's rain is a storm. A hard rain, seemingly perpetual, soaking everything. Driven by the wind, cold and strong, the drops are forming rivers, flowing willy nilly.

We could stand for a bit of lightning. Rolling thunder perhaps. But the flags are standing straight, and the wind is whistling in gusts as rain pelts the windows. So it's a pretty good storm.

Pretty good weather for a lazy Sunday.

6 comments:

Minka said...

Weather does happen. Apparently even in Amsterdam :)

I love the sound of heavy rain on the roof, cuddled under a blanket with a good book and some candles.

as long as I don't have to go out in it. Weather permits necessary withdrawl into your own world. It's beautiful!

I Dive At Night said...

It was just that kind of beautiful day today. No thoughts of stepping into the weather at all!

OC or Q said...

We had one of those yesterday but it only lasted 30 minutes. When it began I had just finished mopping the floor -- then had to re-mop it because the sliding glass door was open and the weather was coming in.

So, on my lazy, rainy day I mopped the hardwood floor -- twice!

-Q

I Dive At Night said...

Quilly, I'm of two minds with your problem. The mopping is bad. But you can open the door and keep it open without freezing?!? Paradise!

This was more "heavy rain on the roof, cuddled under a blanket with a good book" kinda rain.

J. D. said...

Remember how we'd enjoy those beautiful, thunder booming, light shows called summer storms? Remember the wall of greenish ionized air sneaking toward us, announcing that it was time to take cover? Weather is one of the most glorious things that God gave us...and here we are messing it up!

Nice post...Love, Mom

I Dive At Night said...

Mom, you taught me to love and enjoy storms.