Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's A Book... sort of


Done! After a lot of (rather) hard work, I'm done the training materials for next week's course in Denmark. The writing has gotten done, but barely in time. The editing took far longer than planned. The plane tickets almost didn't happen, but have now been finalized. And at the very last minute even the colour printer didn't want to cooperate! But it's done!

This 72-page handout is really only Chapters 7 & 8 for the textbook I'm writing. So it's not really "done". But it's nice to have something shiny and physical to show for months of effort. So nice!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If just two chapters are that size, is the final product going to come with it's own set of wheels?

Anonymous said...

Oh wait! Rub the morning sleepy out of my eyes. It isn't think, it's raised above the table. Sorry, my allergies (vog, volcanic smog) keep me in tears.

Anonymous said...

Have a save journey, and enjoy your stay in Denmark ! I'm already looking forward to the reports and the pictures.... I'm surprised that you're still troubled about the tickets getting in late: I thought that happened to you all the time ? At least you're passport is OK now......

I Dive At Night said...

Irene, I'm surprised I made any efforts to ticket the flight. Then they could have been late and I could have stayed in Holland for Queen's Day. As it is I'll be back at 9pm.

Nancy said...

Better late than never I say, this way at least you'l still get a chance to participate in the festivities. And obviously after that you'll have to sleep in :-).

I Dive At Night said...

Quilly, so sorry! I missed your two comments earlier. Yes, it will be thick. Maybe 400 pages... probably a lot more.

Hi Nancy! Welcome to Blogger! After a Wednesday of teaching, flying and partying I will be a bit wrecked Thursday. Be gentle. ;)

Minka said...

There's a magic marker! I always feel serious studying/writing is done in close vicinity of a magic marker!