Friday, February 23, 2007

Five Countries In One Day

Yep, that's right, five. With six border crossings. I awoke in Munich (after last night's flight) at 6am and left quickly for my 9:30 meeting. Only had to drive from Germany, to Austria, to Switzerland, and into Liechtenstein. Then at noon it was Liechtenstein to Austria - we took the other road - to Germany and then finally a flight from Munich to Amsterdam.

And I never showed my passport once! Even though into and out of Switzerland there is a "normal" border... the car with German plates just got waved through.

Despite the TOTAL lack of border security, the security guard at Munich Flughafen (airport) got rather close and personal. What's the etiquette for that? Do I need to call him tomorrow? Are we dating now?

I hope not.

Now if you'll excuse me; I really like this 5th country as my friends are here and waiting for me in town. Time to loose the "airplane" smell then get out and enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan, not just dating, engaged.

Anonymous said...

But what I'm curious about: how did the presentation go ?? Looks like you're doing great at your new job, I'm really happy for you !

I Dive At Night said...

Engaged?!? But Quilly, I barely know him!

Irene, the presentation went well. The saleman I work with congratulated me on doing a good job. Then I told him that was my first sales meeting and he asked how long I've been in the new job. Next he found out that I was also new to the software, and he was surprised! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good for you !!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you !!!!!!!!!

Minka said...

close and personal? In our day that means a wedding within a month! Sorry :)

I Dive At Night said...

Minka, which culture is that? German or Icelandic? And who's day is our day? (Just curious.)